- To be successful, your BPR project must be aligned with the business strategy and long-term objectives.
- Be sure to get executive support for the BPR initiative to drive change and promote acceptance.
- Manage expectations around benefits, timeline and business impact.
- Use an independent facilitator and project manager to challenge the status-quo and bring expertise and real-life examples.
- Do not underestimate the resistance to change that may occur within the organisation.
- Ensure best-practice processes fit specific company needs.
- Do not rely on technology solutions alone to transform processes.
- Use a process pilot to get traction, buy-in and validate processes with all stakeholders.
Ensure your process model is continually updated and remains current.