Nine Feet Tall is an award-winning management consultancy, with deep expertise in IT system implementations, and over the past fourteen years we’ve delivered more than GBP100m in value for clients across a range of industry sectors. Whilst our projects are often complex, our approach is simple – we deliver quality work that adds real value to organisations. For us this means building close relationships with clients, tailoring our approach rather than adopting a ‘one size fits all’ method, listening instead of telling, and focusing on actions not words to make change happen.
We are now looking for great people, who share our approach, to join our growing team.
As a Principal Consultant You Will
- Lead the delivery of projects for external clients, managing the end-to-end project lifecycle, the budget, and key stakeholder relationships.
- Contribute to business development activity by developing existing client accounts and supporting the sales process to bring on board new clients.
- Develop other people, as the manager of a project team and through mentoring and training more junior consultants.
- Manage high-impact projects to build internal capability.
Previous management consultancy experience is essential for success in this role, as is a genuine desire to be part of our growing business and contribute to its success.
In Addition, You’ll Need To Be Able To Demonstrate That You
- Have a successful track record of delivering projects or workstreams within large programmes, including specific experience of: project governance & reporting, requirements gathering, vendor selection, data migration, and test management.
- Have developed and managed client relationships on projects, extending existing engagements and/or opening up new opportunities.
- Bring exceptional communication and influencing skills that will enable you to lead teams and build professional networks.
- Are flexible to travel and work away from home during the week as required.
- Are educated to degree level, ideally with an additional project/programme management qualification.
We are a vibrant and successful business, offering a supportive and collaborative culture, where effort is appreciated, transparent and rewarded. We have a flexible approach, stimulating office environments and a refreshing lack of formality. What we do require though are consultants who can ‘do the doing’. We usually work in small teams with our clients and you need to be prepared to get involved and take accountability both in client work and in our own business to deliver change.
In return for your committed approach, your skills and experience we will make ongoing investment in your professional development and provide fantastic opportunities for you to fast track your career.
We can only accept applications from candidates with the current Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that we will only be able to respond to those applicants shortlisted for a telephone interview.
Objective of the role:
To play a key role in the ongoing success and growth of Nine Feet Tall through the delivery of client engagements, development of new business and management of internal projects, in line with the Nine Feet Tall Capability Matrix for this role.
1) Delivering Client Engagements
- Undertake the role of Project Manager/Change Manager on client assignments with responsibility for the full project lifecycle from inception to delivery, including the project budget. Increasingly lead larger and more complex projects.
- Act as the main day-to-day point of contact to client sponsors and stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and support to consultant teams on client assignments, modelling best practice and applying the Nine Feet Tall methodology and toolkit appropriately and according to client need.
2) Contributing to Business Development
- Develop existing client accounts by building effective, sustainable relationships with stakeholders and identifying opportunities for extensions to projects and/or additional work.
- Support the acquisition of new clients through contribution to the sales process (bids, proposals, pitches and statements of work), and marketing/PR projects.
- Actively develop and maintain a personal network of client contacts and an understanding of the relevant industry sector(s).
3) Building the firm
- Support the development of others within the Nine Feet Tall team - training and mentoring graduates/junior consultants, sharing expertise and experience, and providing constructive feedback to colleagues.
- Build knowledge of a capability or industry sector in order to become the expert for this within Nine Feet Tall.
- Manage projects to drive internal improvement.
- Contribute to maintaining and building the internal culture of Nine Feet Tall.
Bath or Manchester
£40,000 – 55,000 depending on experience plus bonus and benefits package
How to Apply
Please note there is no application form form this role. Simply upload your CV and covering letter on this page and submit. We will be in touch as soon as possible.